Establish on the 11th April 1860 with the making of a green entrusted to Mr Tudhope a well known contractor of Bowling greens on a back garden of a house in Mary Street leased at £10 per year at a total cost of £97.10 shillings plus an unknown sum for two boys who were paid 1 shilling a day to pick up stones and place them in the bottom of the green.
Initially a tarred wooden clubhouse was built and used until 1873 when this was replaced by a more elegant structure. Leasing the ground continued for a number of years but the club required a more permanent arrangement and after three years of negotiations the members managed to purchase the land in 1877 at a cost of £400.
In 1899 the club considered that impending development around Mary Street green would impair the amenity and after consideration moved to the present location at Chapelton.
The new green and clubhouse was formally opened on the 1st of June 1901 by the President Archibald Purdon. The cost of the new green and clubhouse was £1430 The clubhouse funded by contributions from members was enlarged during the 1956-57 closed season and a lounge was added with a sports council grant in 1982 all alterations were made around the original building.
Bowling in the clubs early years was played with great enthusiasm but little success and it was not until the club moved to Chapelton that the club started to see success in the Renfrewshire and district titles and also the Scottish Championships The club has over the years won many honors but probably the greatest has been the prestigious Scottish singles title by Sandy Wotherspoon in 2007 who then went on to win the British singles championship in 2008.
On the year 2010 the club celebrated its 150th anniversary which was a great success the clubhouse was completely renovated by the members and the whole fabric was renewed and i must say it looks a treat. we have established a fabric fund which we hope to continue to keep all aspects of the fabric of the club up to date.